Voter ID Requirements
Acceptable Voter ID to Vote Are Listed Below
When voting early or voting at a polling place, Florida law requires voters to present a picture ID with signature. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Florida driver's license (quickest ID to process)
- Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (quickest ID to process)
- United States passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military identification
- Student identification
- Retirement center identification
- Neighborhood Association identification
- Public Assistance identification
ID required and checked at the polls is used solely to confirm the voter’s identity, not to verify the voter’s ID number or address. The photograph on the ID is compared to the person standing before the poll worker and the signature on the ID is compared to the signature on record.
If the voter’s picture ID does not contain a signature, an additional document with signature may be used.